GEAR HIRE SAFETY INFORMATION
Hire of Nelson Canoe Club gear and equipment is subject to hirers ability and experience, matching their intended use of hired gear.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
- Current membership is required to hire all gear.
- Non members must have a current member responsible for the hire and activities of a non-member with Nelson Canoe Club gear.
- The Hirer accepts that use of the hired gear is AT THEIR OWN RISK and THE CLUB HAS NO LIABILITY for loss or personal injury.
- The Hirer accepts that any damage to or loss of hired gear beyond insurance reimbursement may be charged to the HIRER.
- Hirers accept and understand that the gear hire coordinator may screen hirers to ascertain a hirer has appropriate experience, knowledge and skills for the intended use during the hire period. The hire coordinator therefore has the right to decline any request for hire if they feel unsatisfied that a hirer is suitable.
- All hirers must be familiar with fitting spray decks correctly and be able to wet exit.
- Children under the age of 12 unless being instructed by a Club or qualified instructor cannot hire kayaks with spray decks due to the potential of not being able to wet exit. Therefore kayaks can only be used on flat water close to shore.
- Children over the age of 12 must be supervised and checked for their ability to wet exit before entering anything more than sheltered flat water.
- PFD’s must be worn at all times.
- Helmets must be worn at all times on white water or surf sessions