The Nelson Canoe Club year runs from 1st August to 31st July.
We have 3 types of membership:
|Adult / Senior||$45|
|Student / Retired||$30|
- NEW memberships, for those of you that are new to the club who join after the 1st April and before August 1st your membership will be carried through to the end of the following year, effectively receiving up to 16 months of membership (covering 2 club years).(Sign Up as a Late Arrival)
- Existing members who RENEW their membership early are entitled to a $10 discount to their fees. If RENEWALS are received and paid before 31st Oct.
- Newsletters are emailed to members. If you prefer to choose to have your newsletters printed and posted to you add $10 to your membership fees – choose the additional option on the signup/renew page here.
How to Join
If your membership has lapsed, you should still be able to access your ‘Online Membership Overview’ and RENEW your subscription. (For all memberships from the 2102/2013 season onwards ’til the end of time 🙂 ).
If you are unable to join online you can contact our Membership officer email@example.com or in writing to Nelson Canoe Club inc, c/o Margot Syms, 72 Mapua Drive, RD 1, Upper Moutere 7173.; and request a Membership application form and paddler profile form to be emailed or posted to you.
- Make an online secure credit card payment (a 5% card handling fee will be added to your total to help us cover the cost of this service)
- Make a direct credit to our bank account: 03-0703-0453735-00 .
- Make a cheque payable to Nelson Canoe Club Inc. and post to Nelson Canoe Club inc, c/o Margot Syms, 72 Mapua Drive, RD 1, Upper Moutere 7173..
IMPORTANT: When paying via direct credit or cheque – please identify your payment with your name and “SUBS” & the Invoice number you have been provided with as you checked out of the membership signup – (by cheque? scribble it on the back is just fine 🙂 )
A few more important notes:
- Please list all family members names to be included in your family membership when you complete your family membership subscription. Individual family members can enter their paddler profile online selecting “I’m a family member”. If our records match they will soon be activated with the annual family membership subscription allowing them equal access to our members facilities.
- All members participating in club activities need to supply information on their paddling abilities, by completing details that are requested on the paddler profile (sign up form).
- Any membership enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a full member of the club you will have access to the range of club activities and resources:
- A social environment in which to paddle, paddling in a group is safer and supports members to gain more experience.
- A range of trips and events to join in with (*see our events).
- Access to the members’ club directory to connect with one another for organizing personal trips with new friends and like-minded people.
- Instructional courses and trips, to up-skill and get more out of your paddling.
- Newsletters – four editions per year, with stories, news updates and safety information.
- Discounted fees for pool training sessions – compared to being a non-member.
- Discounted fees for gear hire – compared to being a non-member.
- Discounts at some local stores selling kayaking gear.
- Complimentary membership of White Water New Zealand giving access to newsletters, discounts and national level support for conservation efforts.
- A subsidy of $100 towards externally run safety courses, application process via White Water New Zealand to Water Safety NZ. (Contact the safety officer if you wish to do a safety course and wish to apply for a subsidy as subsidies are not always available.)
How your membership fees are used
Your membership fees are used to:
- Administer the club
- Purchase and maintain gear and equipment for club members
- Engage with conservation lobbying
For further information email email@example.com